BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, Feb. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Banco Macro S.A. (NYSE: BMA; BCBA: BMA) ("Banco Macro" or "BMA" or the "Bank") announced today its results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2017 ("4Q17"). All figures are in Argentine pesos (Ps.) and have been prepared in accordance with Argentine GAAP.
• The Bank's net income totaled Ps.3.01 billion in 4Q17. This result was 16% higher than the Ps.2.60 billion posted in the third quarter of 2017 ("3Q17") and 78% higher than the result posted in the fourth quarter of 2016 ("4Q16"). In 4Q17, the accumulated annualized return on average equity ("ROAE") and the accumulated annualized return on average assets ("ROAA") were 28.6% and 5.2%, respectively. Net Income of Ps.9.39 billion in FY2017 was 44% higher than net income in FY2016.
• In 4Q17, Banco Macro's financing to the private sector grew 10% or Ps.11.7 billion quarter over quarter ("QoQ") totaling Ps.129.1 billion and increased 49% or Ps. 42.2 billion year over year ("YoY"). In the quarter, growth was driven by commercial loans, among which Documents and Others stand out, which grew 20% and 10% QoQ, respectively. Meanwhile within consumer loans, mortgage loans, credit cards and personal loans rose 29% and 16% and 12% QoQ, respectively.
• In 4Q17, the accumulated efficiency ratio reached 42.5%, lower than the 43.2% posted in 3Q17 and the 47.5% in 4Q16. Net fee income over administrative expenses was 56.8%, higher than the 53.8% registered in 4Q16.
• In 4Q17, Banco Macro's total deposits grew 6% QoQ, totaling Ps.144.2 billion and representing 80% of the Bank's total liabilities. Private sector deposits grew 9% QoQ.
• Banco Macro continued showing a strong solvency ratio, with excess capital of Ps.35.1 billion (28.1% regulatory capital ratio – Basel III). In addition, the Bank's liquid assets remained at an adequate level, reaching 50.4% of its total deposits in 4Q17.
• In 4Q17, the Bank's non-performing to total financing ratio was 1.07% and the coverage ratio reached 183.14%.
4Q17 Earnings Release Conference Call
Wednesday, February 21, 2018
Time: 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time | 1:00 p.m. Buenos Aires Time
To participate, please dial:
Argentina Toll Free:
(0800) 444 2930
Participants Dial In (Toll Free):
+1 (844) 839 2185
Participants International Dial In:
+1 (412) 317 2506
With the presence of: Jorge Pablo Brito (Director), Gustavo Manriquez (CEO), Jorge Scarinci (CFO)
Conference ID: Banco Macro
Webcast: click here
Webcast Replay: click here
Available from 02/21/2018 through 03/07/2018
IR Contacts in Buenos Aires:
Chief Financial Officer
Nicolás A. Torres
Phone: (54 11) 5222 6682
Visit our website at: www.ri-macro.com.ar
SOURCE Banco Macro S.A.