BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, Aug. 10, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Banco Macro S.A. (NYSE: BMA; BCBA: BMA) ("Banco Macro" or "BMA" or the "Bank") announced today its results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2015 ("2Q15"). All figures are in Argentine pesos (Ps.) and have been prepared in accordance with Argentine GAAP.
- The Bank's net income totaled Ps.822.7 million in 2Q15. This result was 12% higher than the Ps.732.7 million posted in the second quarter of 2014 ("2Q14") and 26% lower than the Ps.1.1 billion reported in the first quarter of 2015 ("1Q15"). In 2Q15, the annualized return on average equity ("ROAE") and the annualized return on average assets ("ROAA") were 25.8% and 4%, respectively.
- In 2Q15, Banco Macro's financing to the private sector grew 7% or Ps.3.4 billion quarter over quarter ("QoQ") totaling Ps.51.5 billion. Among commercial loans, other loans (prefinancing and export financing), pledge loans and documents (mainly productive investments loans with pledge guarantee according to Communication "A" 5319, "A" 5380, "A" 5449, "A" 5516, "A" 5600 and "A" 5681 and it´s corresponding modifications of BCRA), grew 20%, 16% and 13% QoQ, respectively. Meanwhile within consumer loans, personal loans and credit cards rose 10% and 7% QoQ, respectively.
- In 2Q15, Banco Macro's total deposits grew 11% QoQ, totaling Ps.64.6 billion and representing 86% of the Bank's total liabilities. Private sector deposits grew 11% QoQ.
- Banco Macro continued showing a strong solvency ratio, with excess capital of Ps.6.1 billion (22.4% capitalization ratio). In addition, the Bank's liquid assets remained at an adequate level, reaching 40.2% of its total deposits in 2Q15.
- In 2Q15, the Bank's non-performing to total financing ratio was 1.92% and the coverage ratio reached 131.23%.
2Q15 Earnings Release Conference Call
Tuesday, August 11, 2015
Time: 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time | 12:00 p.m. Buenos Aires Time
To participate, please dial:
Argentine Participants: (0800) 444 2930
U.S. Participants: +1 (877) 317 6776
Participants from outside the U.S.:
+1 (412) 317 6776
Conference ID: Banco Macro
Webcast: click here
Webcast Replay: click here
Available from 8/11/2015 through 8/25/2015
With the presence of: Jorge Pablo Brito (Member of the Executive Committee), Guillermo Goldberg (Commercial Deputy General Manager), Jorge Scarinci (Finance and IR Manager) and Ines Lanusse (Investor Relations Officer).
IR Contacts in Buenos Aires:
Finance & IR Manager
Investor Relations Officer
Phone: (54 11) 5222 6682
Visit our website at: www.ri-macro.com.ar
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/banco-macro-announces-results-for-the-second-quarter-of-2015-300126438.html
SOURCE Banco Macro S.A.