BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Banco Macro S.A. (NYSE: BMA; BCBA: BMA) ("Banco Macro" or "BMA" or the "Bank") announced today its results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2012 ("3Q12"). All figures are in Argentine pesos (Ps.) and have been prepared in accordance with Argentine GAAP.
- The Bank's net income totaled Ps.411.9 million in 3Q12. This result was 24% higher than the Ps.332.1 million reported in the second quarter of 2012 ("2Q12") and 31% higher than the Ps.314.2 million posted in the third quarter of 2011 ("3Q11"). In 3Q12, the annualized return on average equity ("ROAE") and a annualized return on average assets ("ROAA") were of 27.1% and 3.3%, respectively as of September 30, 2012.
- In 3Q12, Banco Macro's financing to the private sector grew 8% or Ps.2.1 billion quarter over quarter ("QoQ") totaling Ps.28.3 billion, excluding liquidity administration credit lines. Both commercial and consumer loans continued showing growth. Among commercial loans, overdrafts and other loans, including loans to small and medium size companies (SMEs), grew 12% and 10% QoQ, respectively. Personal and credit cards loans rose 5% and 6% QoQ, respectively.
- In 3Q12, Banco Macro's total deposits grew 3% QoQ, totaling Ps.34.7 billion and representing 82% of the Bank's total liabilities. Private sector deposits grew 4% QoQ.
- Banco Macro continued showing a strong solvency ratio, with excess capital of Ps.2.0 billion (18.5% capitalization ratio). In addition, the Bank's liquid assets remained at an adequate level, reaching 37.6% of its total deposits in 3Q12.
- In 3Q12, the Bank's non-performing to total financing ratio was 1.60% and the coverage ratio reached 161.35%.
3Q12 Earnings Release Conference Call
Thursday, November 8, 2012
Time: 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time | 1:00 p.m. Buenos Aires Time
To participate, please dial:
Argentine Participants: (0800) 333 0511
U.S. Participants: +1 (888) 772 8167
Participants from outside the U.S.:
+1 (779) 232 1760
Conference ID: 48755467
Webcast Replay: click here
Available from 11/08/2012 through 11/22/2012
With the presence of: Jorge Pablo Brito (Member of the Executive Committee), Guillermo Goldberg (Commercial Deputy General Manager) and Jorge Scarinci (Finance and IR Manager).
IR Contacts in Buenos Aires:
Finance & IR Manager
Phone: (54 11) 5222 6682
Visit our website at: www.ri-macro.com.ar
SOURCE Banco Macro S.A.