BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, Feb. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Banco Macro S.A. (NYSE: BMA; Buenos Aires: BMA) ("Banco Macro" or "BMA" or the "Bank") announced today its results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2011 ("4Q11"). All figures are in Argentine pesos (Ps.) and have been prepared in accordance with Argentine GAAP.
- The Bank's net income totaled Ps.346.4 million in 4Q11. This result was 10% higher than the Ps.314.2 million reported in the third quarter of 2011 ("3Q11") and 26% higher than the Ps.274.4 million posted for the fourth quarter of 2010 ("4Q10"). In 4Q11, the annualized return on average equity ("ROAE") and an annualized return on average assets ("ROAA") were of 30.1% and 3.7%, respectively.
- In 4Q11, the Bank's net financial income was Ps.902.3 million increasing by 18% compared to 3Q11.
- In 4Q11, Banco Macro's financing to the private sector grew 7% or Ps.1.7 billion quarter over quarter ("QoQ") totaling Ps.24.6 billion, excluding liquidity administration credit lines. Both consumer and commercial loans continued showing growth. Personal and credit cards loans rose 7% and 28% QoQ, respectively. Among commercial loans, documents grew 18% QoQ.
- In 4Q11, Banco Macro's total deposits grew 4% QoQ, totaling Ps.29.2 billion and representing 79% of the Bank's total liabilities. Private sector deposits grew 9% in 4Q11, led by time deposits which increased 22%.
- In 4Q11, the Bank's non-performing to total financing ratio was 1.49% and the coverage ratio reached 158.1%.
- Banco Macro continued showing a strong solvency ratio, with excess capital of Ps.2.0 billion (18.3% capitalization ratio). In addition, the Bank's liquid assets remained at an adequate level, reaching 35.7% of its total deposits in 4Q11.
A longer version of this press release with detailed information is available on our web site: www.macro.com.ar
QUARTERLY CONFERENCE CALL
A conference call to discuss this press release will be held on February 15, 2012 at 13:00 p.m. Buenos Aires time (11:00 a.m., New York time), with the presence of Jorge Pablo Brito (Member of the Executive Committee), Guillermo Goldberg (Deputy General Manager) and Jorge Scarinci (Finance and Investor Relations Manager). Dial in information:
(800) 274-0873 (Within the U.S.)
(719) 457-2083 (Outside the U.S.)
Conference ID: 4026705
INVESTOR RELATIONS CONTACTS:
In Buenos Aires:
Jorge Scarinci, CFA
Finance and Investor Relations Manager
visit our website at: www.macro.com.ar
SOURCE Banco Macro S.A.