SAN FRANCISCO, February 20, 2023 (Newswire.com) - Startup Genome, Dealroom, and The Next Web have partnered with the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Industry, Climate Protection and Energy to study and amplify North Rhine-Westphalia's entrepreneurial and innovation ecosystem development. Under the terms of the agreement, the parties are working together to assess the current entrepreneurial climate for technology enabled startups and are prioritizing additional ways to advance development, particularly in identifying and supporting high-growth startups.
Startup Genome is working closely with Dealroom and The Next Web to:
- Report: Standardized, replicable and robust data acquisition, processing and reporting based on globally accepted standards and database.
- Peer Benchmark: Across Germany, Europe and with relevant global peers.
- Assess Performance: Bespoke segment and cohort tracking to control for policy and program effectiveness and RoI.
- Advise: Extensive experience in NRW ecosystem development combined with the expertise of senior ecosystem policy advisors, transforming extensive data into actionable advice.
- Facilitate Global Reach: Communications outreach and activating a global network to create visibility for NRW startups and the ecosystem worldwide, assisting in global resource attraction.
Together, the partners deliver a world-leading aggregated data set and proven approaches. Enriched with many local sources, they are conducting an in-depth analysis to determine North Rhine-Westphalia's ecosystem stage of development, create benchmarks against peer and top global startup ecosystems, and examine the opportunities and gaps as well as strengths to be capitalized on. Insights gleaned from the analysis will assist local and community leaders and stakeholders in uniting regional entrepreneurial resources to deliver more new business startups and business success.
With 145 clients across six continents in more than 50 countries to date, Startup Genome is the world-leading research and policy advisory organization for public and private agencies committed to accelerating the success of their startup ecosystem. Startup Genome began working with the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Innovation, Digitalization and Energy in 2019, conducting a thorough ecosystem assessment and establishing an ecosystem development path. The assessment's success derived from the extensive use of data based peer benchmarking to identify strengths and success factor gaps. Building on this foundational project, Startup Genome was asked to recommend, prioritize and help implement policies based on the assessment, facilitating work with both the Ministry and a wider group of ecosystem stakeholders.
"We are excited to continue our data-centric advising and communications work, this time in partnership with Dealroom and The New Web, in the North Rhine-Westphalia region to better support the high-growth startups that call this dynamic ecosystem home," shares Stephan Kuester, Head of Ecosystem Strategy at Startup Genome.Contact Information:
COO, Startup Genome
Original Source: Startup Genome, Dealroom, and TNW Partner With Ministry of Economic Affairs, Industry, Climate Protection and Energy of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia on Entrepreneurship