(NewMediaWire) - October 20, 2020 - DALLAS - The American Heart Association, the leading voluntary health organization devoted to a world of longer, healthier lives and Aramark, the largest U.S. based food service company, are continuing to work together to help improve the health of all Americans, by launching a new video series for the Healthy for Life® community nutrition program, ensuring communities can continue critical nutrition and culinary education experiences during the pandemic.
With the COVID-19 pandemic impacting in-person instruction, and more people cooking at home, the Healthy for Life® program, which is normally hands-on for families in underserved communities, is now available through the American Heart Association’s healthy living Facebook page.
“Pandemic or not, learning how to access, choose and prepare healthy foods is crucial for individuals and families to get healthy and stay healthy,” said Eduardo Sanchez, M.D., M.P.H., FAAFP, the American Heart Association’s chief medical officer for prevention.
The Healthy for Life® video content will be released throughout the year, with the first two videos available in October and the remaining available in November and December. Topics include:
- Be a Sharper Chef: Gain important knife skills for everyday meal prep and learn about the nutrition benefits of fruits and vegetables while preparing this Chopped Colorful Veggie Salad.
- World of Spices: Learn how to use spices to enhance flavor in dishes and reduce sodium as part of an overall heart-healthy eating pattern.
- Pantry Makeover: Review how to stock a pantry with affordable, healthy items and make a quick delicious salad.
- Healthy Ingredient Swap: Identify and choose healthy ingredient and snack substitutions to reduce saturated fat, calories, sodium and added sugar. Prepare a Creamy Spinach Feta Dip.
- Double Duty Meals: Cook once, eat twice by learning about double-duty ingredients that make meal prep easier.
- Meal Planning for Busy Families: Learn a crowd-pleasing family recipe and tips for shopping for healthy ingredients at the grocery store.
“For the past five years, Aramark and the American Heart Association have created nutrition and cooking education experiences designed to help families in underserved communities learn how to access, choose and prepare the healthy food they need. Now that those education experiences can’t happen in person, we’re offering an innovative way for those community members to continue their health and wellness journeys while they are home,” said Dan Wainfan, who leads health and wellness at Aramark.
The Healthy for Life® community nutrition program is part of the American Heart Association and Aramark’s broader Healthy for Life® Initiative, a multi-year collaboration, established in 2015, to improve the health of all Americans through better nutrition and lifestyle habits. For more information on Healthy for Life®, visit: heart.org/healthyforlife.
- Articles on nutrition, exercise and wellness from the American Heart Association: www.heart.org/healthyforgood
- More about the impact of the Healthy for Life initiative: www.aramark.com/healthyforlife
- Tips from Aramark chefs and registered dietitians: www.FYP365.com
About the American Heart Association
The American Heart Association is a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. We are dedicated to ensuring equitable health in all communities. Through collaboration with numerous organizations, and powered by millions of volunteers, we fund innovative research, advocate for the public’s health and share lifesaving resources. The Dallas-based organization has been a leading source of health information for nearly a century. Connect with us on heart.org, Facebook, Twitter or by calling 1-800-AHA-USA1.
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. We deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ+), DiversityInc, Equal Employment Publications and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at http://www.aramark.com/ or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
For Media Inquiries:
Erin Kanter: 214-706-1223; email@example.com
For Public Inquiries: 1-800-AHA-USA1 (242-8721)
Erin Noss: 215-409-7403; firstname.lastname@example.org