Photo from Unsplash
Originally Posted On: https://www.goodcook.com/recipes/cinco-de-mayo-chilaquiles
When celebrating the spiciest day of the year, this recipe for Cinco de Mayo Breakfast: Easy Chilaquiles is about to become the best part of any fiesta. Chilaquiles made a quick, simple, budget-friendly breakfast, lunch, or midnight snack. The classic recipe starts with pan-fried corn tortillas, which are then coated in a delicious savory red chili sauce and served with eggs, avocado, queso fresco, or any of your favorite taco toppings.
When making this recipe, the pans in the GoodCook ProEase set to offer everything you need to create a great meal. High quality and designed with home cooks in mind, fry the corn tortillas in the high-sided saucepan. Then transfer to the 9.5” ProEase fry pan to finish the recipe. This versatile cooking pot can be used on gas and electric stovetops (not induction compatible), so you can quickly sauté, sear, simmer, fry, roast, bake, and more.
Fire up that stovetop and pull out the party plates. With the GoodCook ProEase set and this deliciously simple recipe, you’ll enjoy a delicious dish in under 30 minutes. Enjoy!
- Serves: 4-6
- Difficulty: Low
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Type: Breakfast
- Total time: 25 minutes
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 oz) can of red enchilada sauce
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- Toppings: eggs, creme fraiche, queso fresco, diced avocado, green onion, and cilantro
- Cut tortillas into bite-sized wedges.
- Place vegetable oil in a GoodCook saucepan and heat on the stovetop over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, fry small batches of tortillas until they are light brown and crispy, and all have been fried. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In a GoodCook ProEase skillet or frypan, heat the enchilada sauce and taco you are seasoning together over medium. Add fried tortillas, stirring to coat. Allow cooking until slightly softened.
- Serve topped with your favorite toppings. And enjoy!